cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code S310

ka71
Tuning in

I've recently had a Samsung TiVo box die on me, and have been sent a replacement. When I try to install the new box I get this S310 error code.

I have tried activating the box by phone, but when I check my service status online it still shows the old Samsung box instead.

So has my new box been activated yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Activation issues normally flag a 7400 error.

According to error code help - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/S310 - the connections need checking first, before calling in.

At what stage of the install does this happen? Have you proceeded past the "loading channels" bit? Does live TV show?

You may well just need to call in to resolve this, but on the off-chance that some self-help does the trick, let's check the basics.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Activation issues normally flag a 7400 error.

According to error code help - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/S310 - the connections need checking first, before calling in.

At what stage of the install does this happen? Have you proceeded past the "loading channels" bit? Does live TV show?

You may well just need to call in to resolve this, but on the off-chance that some self-help does the trick, let's check the basics.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It always happens on the "Installing Software..." screen when it gets to "Connecting".

I've checked all the cable connections.

I have a second TiVo box which is working fine. I've tried the new box where that box is connected, but still get the same error.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ka71 wrote:

I have a second TiVo box which is working fine. I've tried the new box where that box is connected, but still get the same error.

That alone is good evidence of a box issue. Whether that's activation or fault, if you've not already done so then I'd recommend calling VM to report this.

Thanks for your post ka71, and I'm sorry to see that you've been struggling with the installation of the new set top box.

I'd be happy to help you further, however we may need to arrange for an engineer to come to your property

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

ka71
Tuning in

This has now finally been sorted.

The problem was that the original failed box had not been deleted from my account, so the new box wouldn't activate correctly.

Hello ka71

Thanks for the update 

Great news its working okay now

Sorry though for any inconvence this may have caused you 

Gareth_L