Menu
jfeatonby
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error Code C130

After a week or so of persistently reoccurring C130 codes, losing connectivity and channels on the TIVO box, I called earlier to try to get the problem sorted - after half an hour of being put on hold and tests I was informed that the issue had been solved and that a forced connection had been re-established and all was good - this lasted for under 4 hrs before the C130 errors started again.

Despite informing the agent dealing with the issue that I knew what the issue was, I was ignored.

Basically, its been approx. 14 months since the rubber seal in the main junction box in the area has been replaced - it will have perished and will need to be replaced.

This involves sending an engineer out to the box with a hot air dryer to dry out the box (the cause being water ingress to the junction box), replacing the seal with a new one and closing it back up - simple.

Why do agents not know, or pretend that this issue does not take place and act upon it when a long term customer who has been with (formerly NTL) for over 25 years informs them this IS a problem that happens every 12-14 months?

I will now have to call again tomorrow - wasting more phone minutes, and probably have to argue with the new agent so they don't try to run me through the same tests and forced connection again - as it clearly did not work the first time.

This is a waste of both their and my time.

*fingers crossed they actually do the job properly this time, as I dislike paying for a service that is NOT in working order*

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code C130

@jfeatonby wrote:

I will now have to call again tomorrow - wasting more phone minutes, and probably have to argue with the new agent so they don't try to run me through the same tests and forced connection again - as it clearly did not work the first time.

VM's 0345 C/S number is a standard landline rate number. Short of making it an 0800 freephone number, there's not really much they can do to make it cheaper.

The only people in VM likely to know about a particular physical issue in a streetcab are the local networks engineers.

C/S agents accepting temporary fixes in order to mark their call as "resolved", rather than looking at underlying problems that cause repeat calls, I agree is an issue.

0 Kudos
jfeatonby
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

and the problems continue...

Had a visit from a very polite engineer this morning who changed some fittings on the back of the TIVO box and the Nexus Hub down the street - he did his tests and said everything would now be ok...it wasn't.

Phone call no 1: did tests, told me everything was now ok....it wasn't

New error nw-3-16

Phone call no 2. more tests and now up to around 2 hrs of wasted phone calls trying to fix it, was informed that all was ok and logging out of Netflix and logging back in again would fix the issue. The useless agent refused to have a new TIVO box sent out to me to replace the clearly faulty box I have atm.

Guess what? still getting kicked out of tv shows/Netflix and still receiving error messages/

Now out of phone credits so I will have to spend more money topping up to call tomorrow and try to get through to an agent who can do the simple job of sending a replacement TIVO box.

The standard of "customer service" is abominable. Wonder what the chance is of hiring people who can think outside the box, listen to what customers are telling them and act on it, not just blindly follow what a computer screen tells them is?

(PS I spent 5 years working in a customer service role and if I had behaved the way these people do I would have been fired)

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jfeatonby,

Thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear about the experience you have been through, we would certainly like to assist further via a pm to help correct this for you. We will need to run through some security questions and we will proceed.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos