cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 602

WoahWoahUser
Up to speed

I’ve been having constant problems with my second tivo box upstairs, the on demand has been having problems for months. Around 1 minute into any programme it will stop and say “this programme is currently unavailable” and spit out error code 602. Can anyone do anything to help? thanks in advance. 

35 REPLIES 35

Hey @WoahWoahUser,

Has the advice from @japitts enabled you to find out where the issues lie or do you need this to be looked into further by a member of our team.

If you still need help, please respond to my private message and we can get this looked into for you.

Regards

Steven_L

WoahWoahUser
Up to speed

I’ve just come off a call with CS and I’m honestly angry and so disappointed. Apparently there was a engineer booked which I was never told about, but then I was told by an agent there was never an engineer booked? Then I was forwarded to the technician team, to be told what I already knew that I had a fault box. They offered me a free replacement to a ‘new’ old box. I asked about getting a new V6 box but they told me my price would increase by £10 when i’m already paying an extortionate £86 for a contract i’m locked into. It’s honestly astonishing how a loyal customer of 10 years is treated. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us) and ask for a free swap to the V6  due to the faulty TIVO.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may be able to upgrade to the 360 for £24.95, it's worth asking about

The cost is for the new remotes. You would get an over the air update on the V6 to the Horizon software which makes it a 360

Then the swap out for the TIVO  to a mini 360 which is a V6 without a hard drive. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

After reading through the 360 forum i do not want to see it on any of my boxes, as it is missing necessary features that I’m not willing to get rid of at all. Also, I’m not looking to delete all of my recordings because virgin charge extortionate amounts to upgrade 1 box yet will let you upgrade to a ‘new’ ‘upgraded’ system nobody wanted. 

I don’t think retentions will be willing to talk due to just recently starting a new contract back in November time. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi WoahWoahUser, 

I see my colleague has sent you a private message, have you received this? 

Do you still require assistance with this?

Thanks 

Nat

After a chat with CS last night I believe a ‘new’ box is being sent, but it doesn’t show up in my orders page - is it supposed to or not?

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @WhoaWhoaUser,

Replacement boxes do not appear in the order page as they are not processed in the same way as an order. I just took a quick look and the box has been ordered, so due to the bank holiday this should be arriving by Tuesday.

Keep us posted,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Here’s an update on the situation:

I’ve been on 3 calls today so far. The first one made problems worse at first I had the 7012 error code, but the attempt fix now made my new box spit out the error code 7011. Shortly after that she said she would call back in two hours and hung up on me. The second call was not from the same person, since we never got a call back the second person also didn’t help. 

The third person was a British customer service agent who actually helped. Apparently my account still had an old V+HD box which was replaced around 5 years ago with the same TiVo box which was faulty. They attempted to send a signal and a faithful restart, to no avail. So now I am being sent a brand new V6 box - free of charge this time - after CS told me that TiVo’s weren’t designed for ondemand, which is where my problem originated from. My faith in Virgin customer service is restored. So hopefully the new V6 will solve the problems I’ve been having for the past few months. 

Thanks everyone for your help over the past week. 🙏🏻 

Edit- forgot to add that the TiVo box they sent had the wrong power supply, it was rated for Samsung Tivo boxes not Cisco ones, so I just used the old one.