cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 602

Simonic1
On our wavelength

As the subject says . Error code 602 . I've been getting this constantly for several months now while trying to watch a programme stored on my box . I've had the box more than several years . I've tried various methods to contact virgin and sort the problem out to no avail . I've used the chat bot,made several phone calls,tweeted,Facebooked and now I'm here. I seem to be doing a lot of chasing around to rectify a fault not of my making and paying for a service I'm not getting . I was sent here from Facebook.  This will be my last port of call .

20 REPLIES 20

Simonic1
On our wavelength

Hi,my TV is an LG and is not 4k.

What happens varies. Somethimes you can reboot the box and it will work straight away.

Other times after rebooting the box it recognizes the show i'm wanting to watch but does not list all the episodes.On these occasions a ia have to delete the show and re-ask for it(does that make sense?)

It happens on all sorts of different types of shows and from all sorts of different channels

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Simonic1 wrote:

Other times after rebooting the box it recognizes the show i'm wanting to watch but does not list all the episodes.On these occasions a ia have to delete the show and re-ask for it(does that make sense?)

I don't think these are recordings, I suspect you're talking about VoD bookmarks. These are shortcuts to OnDemand programmes, intentionally designed to behave like recordings while still being - ultimately - VoD assets.

You'll be able to tell, by loading one of these programmes, but before pressing "watch now", there wil be an option lower down the screen for "remove bookmark"

If this theory holds - on the front-left of your TiVo there's a series of green LEDs. The middle one has a painted heart symbol next to it. Does this ever flash when you have problems?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Simonic1
On our wavelength
Thank you for this info. The last show i was trying to watch was Limetown. I had a look at this and could see that there was an option for 'bookmark'. I'll try watching the show again and see what happens when it throws the error msg.

Simonic1
On our wavelength

Thank You gentlemen for all your help so far. I'm still having this problem but i now have some more information to help you diagnose for me.

This problem only happens when i stream as opposed to record.

When the fault occurs the heatbeat light is flashing.

If i turn the Tivo box off and wait a short while and turn back on and try to watch the programme again the box says it's not connnected to the network and asks me to run a connection check. The connection check normally fails the first time but will then connect on the 2nd or 3rd try.

Any insights would be great. Thank You

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Simonic1 wrote:

This problem only happens when i stream as opposed to record.

When the fault occurs the heatbeat light is flashing.

The heartbeat light on a TiVo is the online indicator. If it's flashing, that means the onboard modem has failed and the box has no internet connection.

Streaming uses the internet and, without an internet connection, there's your problem. It's a box fault and will need VM to attend to - most likely - replace the box.

As a better long-term solution, if you have VM broadband, I'd strongly recommend considering trying to get a swap to a V6 box. It runs the exact same software as you're used to, but on newer hardware that's much more capable with more recording tuners and some extra streaming apps if that floats your boat.

There's ways and means of going about this that are almost a post in themselves, but regardless of that - you appear to have a faulty box which needs replacing. You can either call into VM to do this (150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait here for VM staff to respond, which will probably (considering it's Friday now) be a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Simonic1
On our wavelength

Thank You Sir,for your quick response.

I have phoned Virgin on several occasions on this subject and have been passed around from person to person and from automated to response to being cut off. It is my hope therefore that one of the VM staff will pick this up. The response i have had on here has been great from folk like yourself,however whenever i pick the phone up to talk to VM i need a coffee and a sandwich as i know i'll be in for a long call !

Thanks again and have a great weekend !

Hi Simonic1,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with you Tivo box recently, this must be quite frustrating

@japitts is absolutely right, we will need to replace your box for you. I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and we can get that arranged.

Please do find my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth

Hi Simonic1,

Thanks for confirming your details with me via PM.

I have booked in the next available engineer visit for you - please sign into your My Virgin Media account or APP to manage the appointment time slot. They will be able to replace the box there and then for you if required.

Let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else 🙂

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Simonic1
On our wavelength

Hi Beth.

I've had two txt msgs from VM now saying that there will be an engineer at my house tomorrow between 12 and 4pm

Fingers crossed !!

Simon

Simonic1
On our wavelength

I had an engineer to my house yesterday and my TIVO box replaced.I've not had the issue since