cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 602

Simonic1
On our wavelength

As the subject says . Error code 602 . I've been getting this constantly for several months now while trying to watch a programme stored on my box . I've had the box more than several years . I've tried various methods to contact virgin and sort the problem out to no avail . I've used the chat bot,made several phone calls,tweeted,Facebooked and now I'm here. I seem to be doing a lot of chasing around to rectify a fault not of my making and paying for a service I'm not getting . I was sent here from Facebook.  This will be my last port of call .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All of Virgin's currently supported recording boxes are shown on the link I posted. I suspect it's a TiVo but some of my suggestions will depend on this, so it would be better to be sure now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's cover the basics then - which box do you have? Is it a TiVo or V6? Check here if you're not sure

Are you getting this problem when trying to watch a recorded programme or OnDemand? And is it all programmes or just one specific show?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Simonic1
On our wavelength

Hi my box is older than both the boxes you mention . Mine is more of a curved design and is made by Samsung .

The problem only occurs when I am watching recorded shows .

Thank you Sir

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All of Virgin's currently supported recording boxes are shown on the link I posted. I suspect it's a TiVo but some of my suggestions will depend on this, so it would be better to be sure now.

Simonic1
On our wavelength

I have just checked the link to the boxes . 2 boxes are shown and mine is neither of them .

Thank you Sir

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apologies, I posted an old link - no idea where I got that from. Try this one instead although you have all-but confirmed you're using a TiVo so I'll assume (but please do check)

You've said this error is happening on a recorded programme - is this all recordings or only a particular one? If you set new recordings, do they work ok?

Simonic1
On our wavelength

I'm getting this problem on all sorts of recorded programmes,not just one. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all and the other times it will happen several times a day. I found that i needed to turn the box off and restart it.Somtimes this would work and other times it would say that the programme was still not available so the procedure had to be repeated.

Simonic1_0-1627040753587.png

My box is neither of these. I got this from the last link you sent me

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Simonic1,

Just to confirm, is you set top box the one on the right on the following link?  your-tv-box/index.html 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It's the tivo box Thank You

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Odd, and Eureka - that's one of my bookmarked pages, perhaps it's changed and I've got a cached version. Anyhow...

Is your TiVo connected to a Samsung or 4K TV by any chance? I don't think this should cause an issue but I'll ask.

When you reboot, does a recording that previously errorred, then subsequently work?

If so - is there any pattern to the channels whose programmes cause this?