Menu
SILEeeles
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Enjoying V6, but...

We (my wife and I) have recently gotten virgin media after moving to a cabled area from where we were. We had previously had Sky Q, as that was all that was available, but the costs on that very quickly skyrocket and we got rid of it. When we had it, the Q boxes were very basic and didn't have anything like Netflix etc, which also was an annoyance. 

Anyway, the V6 boxes have been great. So much faster than I remember the older Tivo boxes being, bundles and prices are pretty good. I do have a few points of contention with it, I don't know if anyone else shares them:

Audio is really quiet. Like, our Xbox One on our Toshiba 4k TV can be between 8-10 volume level and seems loud at that point. The Tivo often has to go up between 25-30 just to be close to the same level. There's no way to adjust it or "boost" it on the box, and swapping between Dolby Digital and PCM does nothing. 

I realise it makes me sound lazy, but the "press blue to watch in HD" seems a little redundant to me. If the Tivo resolution is set to 720p or above, or even just connected via a HDMI cable, just default to HD regardless? Why clutter up the Guide with several duplicate channels of things, especially SD channels which are arguably pointless in my opinion. I understand they still exist because older TVs still exist, but when you have a box like the V6, it would surely be able to figure all that out automatically?

Occasionally, the screen goes blank. Like, just solid black. Subtitles show up, and the guide, home, all the menus show up, but the picture feed just... Is gone. Resetting the box fixes it, still a bit odd though. 

Other than that, I'm very happy with them. I did hear that amazon prime video was also potentially coming to Tivo as well, which I am looking forward to.

0 Kudos
sallygreen
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enjoying V6, but...

Try to reload and start once again

Blogger for https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/action-camera-go-pro. Interested in moviemaking.
0 Kudos