Menu
collier86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit

lightning storm has left hdmi 1 slot not working on my tv, switched off and disconnected hdmi cable using another hdmi lead i used another slot that is working on the tv but the tivo box is now randomly going black then picture returns, the other day the picture returned but no sound. sound is now back but picture is still intermittent. can't phone customer help from landline as the phone doesn't work and signing into my account has never worked.  used parents phone to call and arrange a call back when i was at the house but this didn't happen. 

phone doesn't work so i need an engineer to fix that but without being able to log into account i cant use that platform. i refuse to use my mobile to call customer support when the last time they told me my landline was working fine. 

any advice on where to go from here?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer visit

Hi hopefully a virgin person will respond on here but it may take a 3 or 4 days, then you will find that the conversation will go back and forth, why would you not use your mobile.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
collier86
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi micky

Cheers for the reply. 

I was on the phone to virgin close to 45 minutes on my mobile to explain that the land-line wasnt working only for them to do a test from there end saying there was no fault, went back and forth with them about this till I just gave up. Tried to cancel the phone line with them all together but they said your better off with the package as its a better deal even if I don't use the phone.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm probably missing something here but I'll try all the same...

This is primarily a user-based forum where support staff will wade in later as and where necessary, but I don't believe it's intended to replace CS where service-affecting faults are concerned.

I gather collier86 had a poor previous experience of CS saying their landline was fine although it wasn't - personally? You're paying for a service, if it's not working then you insist with CS that they need to resolve it...

I don't know what number you were calling previously, but the 0345 4541111 number is a standard landline rate number, and if your mobile has any inclusive allowance then it's probably included.

0 Kudos
collier86
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello japitts

Thanks for your reply, I can't remember what number it was I called as it was a while back now. Phone call was made using the 150 number from another virgin land-line tonight and the automated service pinged a line test and said there was a fault so got put on hold to talk to an advisor. Got cut off before this could happen tho.       

I  looked through my original post there and it maybe wasn't worded properly... After having issues with virgin media phone line, call centre and logging into virgin media account I was wondering if there was a way to skip all that and just get an engineer to come out.

I had another call back arranged for tonight but that didn't happen again so went down the 150 on another virgin account route. Since I was cut off from that I have started looking at other suppliers as an option just to start from scratch and save all this hassle.

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There's an option on the IVR for "thinking of leaving us due to unresolved faults". To be fair, there should be no need for this option IMO, but that's another debate.. it might be a way of bypassing the automated checks that other parts of the IVR seem to be insisting on?

For what it's worth, good luck. I'd love to say that I'm surprised by the hassle you're having, but I'm not.

0 Kudos