Menu
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer Visit

I have been having problems with  pixellation and  Rose_B diagnosed signal problems and kindly  set up an engineer to come out last Thursday (23/3). Engineer duly arrived, did what engineers do and told me that he had upped my signal levels and cured the pixellation and lost channels but I should be getting much better levels than he was able to achieve so he had booked a re-pull for me and I accepted a date of Tuesday April 11th. On Saturday (25/3) I had a knock on my door at 9:30 in the morning  from VM and a cheery  "We have come to do your re-pull". I explained I was expecting them in April and they said they were there only to lay the new cable and the connection would be done in April as expected. so I now have a new unconnected cable coiled and waiting to be connected on the 11th April.  I have no problem waiting for the 11th and no complaints (only praise) for both sets of engineers but when I signed on to MyVirginMedia there was no record of an engineers visit for 11th April. 

This has left me a little perturbed.

Should I see the scheduled visit  on myvirginmedia  as I did the original one on 23rd or do they not log them there if the  visit is scheduled by an engineer on call out?

Anyone know VM's procedure in this?

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer Visit

all engineer visits are booked buy my virgin media /appointments you will see a window pop up stating in red engineer apointment time of call out and when he should arrive and cancel if you want to cancel the apointment all visits should be on there if not stated then get back on here or ring help line 150 it sounds like you have loads of apointments or leave to forum team who can check on your account jonnie ex virgin customer
0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, but I was hoping someone on here knew the VM procedures so could give me a definitive answer, without me having to resort to phoning 150 and getting an unintelligble voice, on a crackly line from VM's  pacific call centre. Perhaps an op may be kind enough to check that I am indeed booked for 11th April and PM me

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I think you will find that you will receive a text the day before so you can cancel, or do nothing so the visit will then go ahead. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi barrylowry, 

Thanks for your post and for sticking with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I've taken a look at the account and it looks as though there are still some issues with your power levels however the repull will resolve these once it's done. 

Checking for any appointments on the account, there is indeed one scheduled for the date you've mentioned Smiley Happy

If you have any further questions, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

barrylowry
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath_F

Just what I wanted to hear.

Could you pass up the chain a request that all customer appointments should be listed in their MyVirginMedia area, for them to check when they log on. Would save a lot of confusion.

0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well Here we are  - The day of the engineer's visit get a text @8am confirming visit between 1pm and 6pm

now 17:10 still not a sign of them, dreading that my nightmare scenario, that caused my initial post two weeks ago is coming true, hope in the next 50 minutes I am proved wrong 

0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just as I posted last post, Engineer turned up and connected up the new cable, only my phone went down while he did his thing, so I dont see how that makes my TIVO reception better. Engineer gone now didnt touch my TIVO or anything in the house, but I have all 3 serviecs working (so at least it did no harm) but as the whole call out was about my TIVO levels and he didnt touch the TIVO cant see how it changes anything, but will see how it goes. For The 10 minutes he was here, it would have been nice if the 1-6pm slot could have been narrowed down
0 Kudos