Menu
duncans
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Do I still need a land line

Hi

My current VM package is £60 per month, which includes £19 for the landline. However, my wife and I use our mobiles for all of our calls - in the last two months, we have made one call from the landline and have received four. Do I still have to have a land line with VW or can I replace this with a VOIP service?

Many thanks

Duncan

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I still need a land line

No, you don’t have to have a landline with Virgin Media but don’t expect to save £19 per month by cancelling it. You may save a few pounds a month or you may actually pay more.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I still need a land line

We too use our mobiles for all outgoing calls and 95% of incoming, however..

1: It's a personal choice that it's a good idea to have a landline incase of problems with mobiles, and also having an 01x number that some people prefer calling.

2: We fully accept that the flip-side of bundle discounts is that having less services means less discount.

So for these reasons, the Virgin landline is kept and we just make sure of renewing our Line Rental Saver each year. And yes, I'm aware that VM are trying to get rid of these by the back door.

0 Kudos