cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted picture

donna2904
On our wavelength

I am constantly having distorted pictures on most channels that I’m having to delete recordings and watch things on catch up. We have two V6 boxes and it’s the case with both boxes. It has to be an external issue but engineers just want to change the boxes which I’m not happy to do when I will lose all recordings. 
tried checking connections and resetting everything but no progress.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

donna2904
On our wavelength

I didn’t say I had tech visits but when I ring they say about changing the boxes.

It distorts on live tv and recordings. Not on on demand.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's check some basics then - does this affect live TV? Recorded programmes? OnDemand/streaming?

What makes you so sure it's an external issue? I'm not saying it is or isn't, but I'm questioning your logic - given that you say you've had tech visits already.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

donna2904
On our wavelength

I didn’t say I had tech visits but when I ring they say about changing the boxes.

It distorts on live tv and recordings. Not on on demand.

I also have two boxes and both are exactly the same. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I wondered because you said "engineers just want to change the boxes" which I took to mean a fault visit.

Are you saying this was just the faults-CS people?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @donna2904,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your picture quality at the moment.

Is this happening on all channels or particular channel or group of channels?

Please could you check that the coax cables are connected securely to the Virgin Media equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket?

Regards,

Steven_L