Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted image

HV
Tuning in

Hi,

for the last few weeks I am

Not able to view BBC1 ITV or E4 channels including HD versions, the picture is distorted . I have turned off the box , run the test and no issues reported.

How can this be resolved. 

Internet & other channels are working fine (haven’t checked all though)

thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi HV,

Check all your cables, especially the white coaxial are snug and tight and not kinked. Also try another HDMI cable.

After checking that, since you've already tried rebooting it would suggest a signal fault and you would need to contact VM.

You should call  150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll add my stock answer to all pixellation queries too...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

You've not mentioned whether the channels you're viewing are the HD or SD versions. It won't alter the end advice, but can sometimes help diagnose in the meantime.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks I will try out your suggestions .

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @HV,

Many thanks for your recent post and sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your TV services this week.

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and have tried running some tests, however, everything appears to be offline including your hub. Are you able to reboot your hub for me, as well as your Tivo box and keep that switched 'on,' then let us know?

This will allow us to run deeper checks and help diagnose the issue / find the best solution for you.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clarify here... the Hub is only providing internet connectivity which, at best, is supporting VoD if the OP has a V6 and not a TiVo.

Live TV channels aren't using the internet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Molly,

I am away for a week , upon my return I will let you know and then you can do the checks . The picture is still distorted, after having checked the cables.

Thank you for following up. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @HV,

Thanks for your reply. Feel free to let us know when you're back and we can assist further with this 🙂

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly, 

I am back, let me know when you are ready to do the test . 

thanks 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi HV, sorry for the delayed response. I've gone through some checks and can see there are some issues with the equipment's specs and we'll need to arrange a visit from an engineer so this can be fixed for you. 

Please look out for my PM (the purple envelope icon) and I'll be able to help further.

Tom