cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dementia friendly remote

Ktjackson0
Joining in

My father just moved into a new flat with a new Virgin TiVo box and he can’t work the remote do you have a dementia friendly easy to operate big button remote control?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ktjackson0 

VM do offer an Accessibility Remote. It's white with black buttons and is designed with partially sighted customers in mind. The buttons are different shapes to differentiate them and have a raised button on the number 5 to best locate the number buttons. 

There are also some changes that you can make to the screen itself to make it easier for him to navigate: If he has difficulty seeing his screen, both the V6 and TiVo has 'audio cues' which can help him find your way around his menus. These are sounds that show actions and reactions to button presses on the remote control.

There's a  dedicated Help page  which explains the remote and buttons

You can use the contact methods on the bottom of that page to order one, or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ktjackson0 

VM do offer an Accessibility Remote. It's white with black buttons and is designed with partially sighted customers in mind. The buttons are different shapes to differentiate them and have a raised button on the number 5 to best locate the number buttons. 

There are also some changes that you can make to the screen itself to make it easier for him to navigate: If he has difficulty seeing his screen, both the V6 and TiVo has 'audio cues' which can help him find your way around his menus. These are sounds that show actions and reactions to button presses on the remote control.

There's a  dedicated Help page  which explains the remote and buttons

You can use the contact methods on the bottom of that page to order one, or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

THank you Dave

I was hoping for a much simplified remote with just up down channels and up down volume. I found some on amazon but they aren't compatible with VM tivo.

I can't work out how to contact virgin (newbie) so I will wait for a reply from the moderator to help me order one!
Many thanks

Kate

Hello Ktjackson0

Thanks for bringing this to our attention

I can imagine its a very stressful tine for you 

As advised we do have a Accessibility Remote which I can arrange to be sent out for your Father

I will need to send you a private message to pass arrange this 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for those details Ktjackson0

I'm just looking into this for you 

Gareth_L