Menu
TroyC
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Deleting Everything V6 Box

Hi,

I had a lot of recordings etc saved on my V6 box so thought instead of deleting everything individually I would do it all in one go buy selecting the "Delete everything" option. Basically it has been apparently deleting everything for hours now. I have done the usual stuff switched off the box, taken the power lead out etc. I read that others have had the same issue and the resolution is to switch the box off, turn on again then straight away hold all the buttons on the front of the box for 60 secs ish.      Done this and the box rebooted coming up with like a little download sign, it then resets. But instead of clearing everything just goes back to the same Deleting everything sit tight, this could take up to an hour screen. 

Any help would be appreciated, its winding me up now 😕

Thanks 

Troy 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting Everything V6 Box

Hi TroyC, 

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your V6 box. Hope you've managed to get this resolved since your post, if not please let us know and we will do our best to assist you. 

Cheers, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
greygray
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have the same problem, "deleting everything may take up to 1 hour" I left the box on all night and still said the same thing

I'm here looking for answers

0 Kudos
frastheowl
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same thing has happened to me. 

Over a week ago I've tried the delete everything on the box in the front room, and the screen is constantly frozen on "Clearing your data..." The guide and planned recordings are being reset. Sit tight, this might take a few minutes...

A few minutes...understatement of the century. 

I've tried the Reboot with the TV+Down+Record fix, and still it starts up with the "Clearing your data..." page.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello frastheowl

Thanks for your post

You can try this but it will reset the V6 box to Factory Settings and remove all recordings 

Turn off the box by the switch at the back 

Hold the + and Standby buttons together 

Switch the box back on until you see the welcome screen and let go of the buttons

Let me know how this goes 

Regards 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos