Menu
Bubsca88
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Default on my credit report

I am trying to get a mortgage and when a credit check was done it flagged up a problem so went on to experian and noticed a default from virgin media after me cancelling when their prices went up in the correct time frame even tho virgin said i never. I refused to pay 2 months bills as I no I didn't owe this after arguing with them they said they would sort it this was 2016. Then in Jan 2017 they added a default to my credit report without me knowing. They then sent it to debt collector with sending me any letters asking for payment until debt one come through I paid bill in full and now it's still showing as default even tho I spoke to virgin and they have confirmed account is clear. I need this removed asap I have emailed credit file amendment team but no heard anything and we are due to sign for our new house on Thursday. Can anyone help please. 

0 Kudos
stevej47
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Default on my credit report

I think this is more for a phone call to billing pal. I doubt the forum team will be able to help you.

Good luck in your new home.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the credit amendment team can take 30 days to sort anything and defaults are never removed they will only be parked as settled unless added by mistake

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Bubsca88
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to billing who said i need to contact credit file amendment team as they are the only ones that can remove it. So emailed the few times now but still waiting 

0 Kudos
Bubsca88
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The account has been settled virgin media tried to charge me cancellation fee when I cancelled on time and they saying I didn't they then said they will look into it and first I new it was on my credit report was when mortgage company did credit check which is hindering me getting a mortgage and we need to move to bigger house due to one of my children having special needs and other complex needs who needs a room of her own. So I need this sorted asap 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Bubsca88, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

We're sorry to hear this experience.

Have the team now confirmed the outstanding balance has been cleared? When did you last email our credit amendments team? 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos