Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Default on credit file

Hi

I have emailed creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

The email now bounced back!

complained via resolver, virgin media never replied 

contacted CIFAS still waiting 

why can i not get anywhere with this. I have a default on my report from 2015 i picked it up in 2015 and have contacted virgin media by phone ,by letter by email and even CEO several time times by post, email phone .But cannot get any reply to to resolve it as they kept telling me account ‘not found when I contact them the default was originally done when I rented the house out at so I complained to CIFAS and I was reassured it was settled and the account would be closed. 
Have today contacted fraud unit again 

can anyone advise what I can do next 

cheers 

pete

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default on credit file

Hi Sandb462f/Pete,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the whole experience you've had trying to get this resolved. Just touching on the subject, can I ask what the error to your credit file is relating to? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sandb462f
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi and thank you for your reply.

The error was a account opened for virgin media tv/internet service without my knowledge.

this caused a default on my credit file for £105 this then caused my mortgage application to decline 

regards

peter

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Right okay, thank you for that information. 

I will send you a private message to look into this. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
emilylta
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am writing with complete frustration having spoken to several members in yur customer service, a manager and complaints department regarding an outstanding payment that appeared on my credit file of 12£. I have been on the phone for over 2 hours in total. majority of the time on hold.

This has been on my credit file for a year - this is 11 missed payments / gone into default and made a serious dent when i received absolutely no communication that this was the case at all. I was told the first time i called that it had gone to a 3rd party collections team and therefore i could not pay it through them? I have had no communication from them either? and then when i called back yesterday i could pay through the customer service department?

This time last year i was given my final bill which was wrong,i then spoke to the team who rectified it and told me to ignore any future bills as all was paid for and i GOT verbal confirmation that my account was closed as i was already frustrated that i was being sent and told wrong ammounts when i had already paid. I have not received ANY further communication. I gave my new address, sent the box back but STILL not communication.

The manager i spoke to yesterday ensured me that if i paid the £12 that this would be wiped and taken off my credit file. It has not been taken off. I have not received a confirmation email that this has been paid whilst it has come out of my account or again, any communication at all.
The gentleman on the phone apologised and told me he would send an apology letter to my home address.
I need confirmation of my credit file being rectified. I am so frustrated and let down and i dont want this mistake from your end affect my future.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @emilylta

Welcome to our Community and for your first post; I am sorry to understand that you have had some issues with an outstanding payment when you closed your account and that this has impacted your credit score. 

When you leave us, we do send out a final bill around 10 days after you leave us; this is always posted. If you supplied us with an alternative address, it would have been posted there, if not, it would go to the account address. I am sorry if you have missed this communication. 

If you have now made this payment, your credit file will show as satisfied. However, if the payment was valid and you did make it late, this will remain on your credit file as a default for 6 years. 

I am sorry if this is not the information you were seeking @emilylta - we would not be able to amend your credit file if the payment was owed and was paid late. 

Thank you

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
emilylta
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

thanks for your reply.

unfortinately I received NO communication what’s so ever. I was told that this was cleared when I made the final payment. Even now, after paying what was aparantly outstanding just to clear this off I have not received ANY communication. I have been passed around different teams to get to the bottom of it. To be told that you are very sorry and will send me an apology letter?

I do not want an apology letter I want to be told what is going on and when my credit file will be cleared due to an error from YOUR end. Yet still nothing!

0 Kudos
emilylta
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also I changed my address so the final bill would have been told to go there as i sent the box back from this address. So there is no way anything has been missed 

0 Kudos
Sandb462f
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi emilylta

I contacted the CEO [removed]

You will get his CEO office come back to you ask them to come back with final reply and take it to CIFAS that’s the only way you have a chance to resolve it.

i have had to go to ITV Piers Morgan and ask him to request a resolution from the CEO personally. If not contact the CEO and do the same 

regards 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly appreciate the frustration with this emilylta.

To ensure you have all the correct information I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos