cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Green Screen

Mwarburton
Joining in

I’ve been trying for days to get hold of someone from Virgin because my TV is displaying a green screen with a message saying the ‘DVR has detected a serious problem’ 

does anyone know a number for me to contact? 150 is directing me to the website which isn’t helping

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mwarburton,

Sorry to see that you have the green screen of death and will need a box replacement.

It's not the words you want to hear, but the quickest method is using the phone as you have been doing unfortunately.

That's 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 etc, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Forum Staff may pick this up for you, but it may take a couple of days.

In the meantime you could download the TV Go app to watch the majority of the channels, or the web app to use with a PC/laptop tvgo-tvcontrol apps 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mwarburton wrote:

does anyone know a number for me to contact? 150 is directing me to the website which isn’t helping

Once you've called 150, choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" - should be two buttons.

Don't press anything else - just wait. Ignore the prompts for "get a link", "do it yourself" and just wait. You should go into the queue for a faults agent.

I tried this earlier today and got through in under 5 minutes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mwarburton, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with a green screen when trying to load your box. As mentioned above, we will need to organise a replacement box for you. The quickest way is to get an engineer out with a replacement. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs