cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service agent

SEYDY
Joining in

Website driving me insane . Cant get hold of an agent at all. Keeps me going in circles asking me to reboot then go to support taking me tight back to reboot . 

I have a tivo box that is many years old . To gove you an idea it's the size of an old video cassette recorder.  This box is mega slow  , overheats , switches off & on all the time on it's own & it's in my sons bedroom .how on earth do I ask Virgin to swap the box . Frustrated is an understatement 🤬

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo's have never been known for being quick, but if it's rebooting of its own accord then that's a fault.

The quickest way to report faults is to call, but it sounds like you're having some fun with VM's legendary IVR... after you've chosen the options for "I have fault", don't press any more options. Press nothing, ignore the prompts, and you should be put into the queue for an agent.

Incidentally, if you have VM broadband, you could do a lot worse than try to negotiate a swap to a V6. It runs the same software as your TiVo but on a much quicker, newer box with more recording tuners and apps. It can also be software-converted to a 360 if you later decide.

If you're out of contract and in a position to re-contract for 18months, it's worth considering.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo's have never been known for being quick, but if it's rebooting of its own accord then that's a fault.

The quickest way to report faults is to call, but it sounds like you're having some fun with VM's legendary IVR... after you've chosen the options for "I have fault", don't press any more options. Press nothing, ignore the prompts, and you should be put into the queue for an agent.

Incidentally, if you have VM broadband, you could do a lot worse than try to negotiate a swap to a V6. It runs the same software as your TiVo but on a much quicker, newer box with more recording tuners and apps. It can also be software-converted to a 360 if you later decide.

If you're out of contract and in a position to re-contract for 18months, it's worth considering.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks