Menu
Highlighted
Twistedsister
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection Error 7001

Hi I received my Tivo quickstart kit last Thursday and after connecting everything up and sending the activation text I get 'connection error 7001'. I rang the number given and was told I HAD to have an engineer sent and despite me saying NO he booked it anyway (managed to cancel by text!). 

Is there any way this error can be fixed without an engineer? I have checked the connections several times but to no avail. I tried with both the old cable from the wall socket and the new one provided. Is it possible for someone confirm the line IS working from Virginmedia's end?

I really hope someone can help? Please??

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection Error 7001

If they cannot activate it from their end then it's possible the box is faulty and needs to be replaced, rather than there being an issue with the connection itself. I'd re book the engineer if I was you.

0 Kudos
Twistedsister
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Is there anyway to do that online or do I need to ring them again? 

How do I get someone from Virgin Media to respond to my messgae?

@Cueball99 wrote:

If they cannot activate it from their end then it's possible the box is faulty and needs to be replaced, rather than there being an issue with the connection itself. I'd re book the engineer if I was you.

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your best bet is to  phone in again as it can take a few days before someone from Virgin Media to answer your post. You can try the Live Chat but that option is not slways available.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Twistedsister,

Sorry to see of the issues that you've been having.

You would need to speak to a Virgin Media representative if the technician has been completely cancelled. You can re-arrange via the My Virgin Media application if the booking is still open

I'm happy to take a look at this if this has not yet been resolved.

Feel free to give me a nudge if you need my support on this issue.

David_Bn

Twistedsister
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David yes please I would love it if you could help me! When I try to re-book via the website it tells me to sign in (even though I already am!) and then boots me back to my 'my virgin media' page, so any help greatly received.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Twistedsister

I have sent you a private message 

This way we can get account details and look at what needs to be fixed 

Gareth_L