cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

Dewsbug7
Joining in

Is there any compensation for loss of TV channels from a known systems fault?

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Nope. Compensation only applies to Broadband & Landline phone services under OFCOMs rules. However, you can claim a refund of your rental if there is a continuous loss of service for more than 48 hours.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Sheesh, Stockholm syndrome strikes again.  So come, come, nodrogd, you know that's potentially misleading by omission.

There's no compensation payable specifically under Ofcom's automatic compensation rules for delayed installs, missed visits, or total loss of service, but that wasn't what the OP asked.  Would you like another go at answering the question?  Your answer will probably feature the Consumer Rights Act 2015, sections 49, 52 and 54, make appropriate reference to VM's formal complaints process, and the right to escalate an unresolved complaint to an adjudication scheme.  It might also feature a note on what is reasonable in terms of any request for compensation.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The answer is simple enough.

The compensation scheme only covers Broadband & Landline outages. That is fact, & what I stated.

The OP can & should claim a refund of their rental if there is an outage that only affects TV.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Instead of seeking compensation It's best to describe the fault here as help is readily forthcoming.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Dewsbug7

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your services and thank you to our community member for their help on this so far.

Can I ask if you are still experiencing issues with your services at all? If so what is happening and we would be more than happy to help! 

Thank you