cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Tivo box not connecting to Internet ?

paushe
On our wavelength

Is a Cisco Tivo box supposed to connect to the Internet , TV is connecting OK but still getting a Disconnected item .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In post-4 above, I included a link to photos of the 3 boxes for you to check.

The link is here again if you're not sure which box you have.

They do differ in connectivity and therefore advice - although TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo boxes have an inbuilt Internet connection, separate from your home broadband.

What's the problem you're having with your TV service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

paushe
On our wavelength

Checked TV , Showing connected , Ever since the Virgin outage Weds night and Thursday I've had a Wi-Fi error keep showing on the screen , I can connect to Prime video on the TV so its not that , I cannot find settings on the Tivo box that allows me to reconnect to my Wi-Fi .

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo boxes don't have WiFi or a Prime Video app, it sounds from your description that this error could be your TV and nothing to do with the Virgin TiVo box.

Can you perhaps take a picture of this message and post it onto this forum message, we can see what it might relate to.

There's also pictures of the different TV boxes on this page - only the V6 & 360 have WiFi & Prime Video, the TiVo has neither but instead has an inbuilt internet connection for OnDemand services.

paushe
On our wavelength

3 Re-boots of the Tivo box later later and the error message has disappeared , I never lost Wi-Fi on the computer , phone or tv .

Hi paushe, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've had some issues with your TV box. 

Based on what you've said, it sounds as though you may have a V6 box rather than a TiVo box. 

Either way we're glad to hear things are working again now. 

If you need further assistance, just pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

paushe
On our wavelength

Sure it's a Tivo box , It all started when Virgin had a days outage last week 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In post-4 above, I included a link to photos of the 3 boxes for you to check.

The link is here again if you're not sure which box you have.

They do differ in connectivity and therefore advice - although TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software.