Menu
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Channel pixelation

Anyone else getting pix elations on some channels in SE London? Has only happened this evening. Some channels are fine, some mild, some bad. I have checked all the connections and they are fine. Might this be related to the cold weather, maybe? 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel pixelation

Hi it's a signal level issue phone and go down the Tv faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks LittleMick. I have got an engineer coming on Wednesday. I’ve also noticed that OnDemand tv shows are also pixelating/have picture problems. 

0 Kudos
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also I should say that Sky Movies on Demand has no issues on my V6. Just seems to affect the OnDemand TV section. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi bolgerp,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Was the engineer able to get everything sorted for you?

^Martin

0 Kudos
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problem seemed to have been rectified before the engineer came. I did notice two Virgin vans on my street the night before who may have done something at a cabinet. The engineer couldn’t find anything of issue. All signal strengths were good. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@bolgerp wrote:

The problem seemed to have been rectified before the engineer came. I did notice two Virgin vans on my street the night before who may have done something at a cabinet. The engineer couldn’t find anything of issue. All signal strengths were good. 

Nice. This can often happen if there's a local networks issue that perhaps doesn't get picked up by VM but multiples faults from individual homes get logged and then collated.

Glad you've got yours sorted!

0 Kudos
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm. So it’s back again. Pixelation on several channels and OnDemand is also pixelating and breaking up. Typical!!! Hopefully it’s only temporary. Will keep and eye on it. 

0 Kudos