cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 5 disappears every morning

Cels
Joining in

Hello

Does anyone else have this problem? After 11am every day, C5 and C5+ disappear and rebooting does not help.  Channels come back in 2 hours. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This screams of a signal issue. If there is genuinely an area fault, it should be listed on 0800 5610061 - the automated status line.

If nothing's on there, best to assume VM don't know about your problem and either.. call in to report it, preferably when you have the issue.. or wait here for one of the staff team to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "disappear".. do they grey out in your EPG?

Or do you get an error code/message on-screen? If so, what is it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It says channel not available - they are back now I see. When I spoke to an engineer out recently at a neighbour’s house with the same problem, he said it was a network issue outside our houses and would be fixed that day. Less pixelation across other channels now but still don’t get to finish watching Jeremy Vine!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This screams of a signal issue. If there is genuinely an area fault, it should be listed on 0800 5610061 - the automated status line.

If nothing's on there, best to assume VM don't know about your problem and either.. call in to report it, preferably when you have the issue.. or wait here for one of the staff team to respond.

At 9pm I checked service status again as C4 and ITV went in the afternoon, it said there was an intermittent signal in the area and to check in 24 hrs time. Not sure that will fix the C5 issue which has been ongoing for months and VM always says service is fine. 

Hey Cels, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community  I am sorry to hear you have been having some issues with Channel 5 disappearing along with some pixilation.

I would like to look into this for you and get to the bottom of it.

Please look out for the purple envelope as I am going to send you a PM. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?