Menu
communityuser38
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Challenge Channel zoomed in.

The programming on the Challenge Channel (before and after the move to the new number) has become zoomed in. The top half of the logo is cut off and I cannot see things I usually see on the bottom.

It is only the Challenge Channel and only the programming, as in not the adverts just the shows. It's annoying because Some of the shows I watch give information pertinent to the programming (clues, etc...) at the bottom.

I don't think this is an issue with my box since all the other channels are fine and the adverts on the Challenge Channel itself are fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Challenge Channel zoomed in.

Hi communityuser38,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. 

Do you have a picture of the TV on that channel?

Is there any other channels this is happening on?

^Martin

0 Kudos
gvblack
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This is also happening to me. All other channels fine, and format is set to the correct setting, but top and bottom chopped off, which means you can't see the scores on many shows.

communityuser38
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a picture, I can take one I guess. It's just as gvblack describes: a little chopped off the top and bottom. The Challenge logo only shows the bottom half for instance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community Gvblack.

We have had a check on this channel in office and it does seem correct proportions in picture quality for us.

Could you please try go through the below steps which should reset the picture proportions of the channels for you in case this was at fault:

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thank you, Emily.

communityuser38
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

WP_20191016_13_09_14_Highlights.jpg

This is the before picture. The Challenge logo and the stuff at the bottom getting cut off.

Then I followed your instructions and went to Challenge and it seems to be ok again, so you fixed it. Thank you kindly.

Edit: Picture not coming up, here's a mirror:

0 Kudos
Percy1
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am also suffering this issue across other channels. I know there is nothing wrong with the setup because older recordings from September are OK

I tried doing the network connect above and made no difference. The issue has also arisen on friends and family equipment. The call centre were hopeless to explain this issue to them.

Is this issue confined to the tivo box and the v6 is unaffected? 

I only joined last month so dont really want to spend the next 11 months watching zoomed in images.

0 Kudos
dduk100
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that it happens on the Drama Channel and Drama +1 when trying to watch Classic Eastenders (and I know it does it with The Bill as well). But it only seems to happen on the TiVo box and not the V6 box. It is really getting annoying, been going on for a month or more. So it's clearly a problem at your end, as I know Freeview viewers don't seem to be affected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gvblack
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I tried this solution and it didn't work. Challenge TV is still cut off at the top and bottom.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi gvblack,

I have checked a few TV's in the office and haven't found this issue, I also tried a Tivo at home no issues, I advise speaking to our faults team who may need to swap the box.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos