Menu
WK1301
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up and On Demand

Have Virgin Media started to charge for EVERYTHING for Catch Up and On Demand or is this a service fault ?

As a subscribed customer e,g, for Sky One their box sets were No Charge.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch Up and On Demand

Well if it's any help, I've just started an ITV BoxSet program here - no error messages and straight into it.

There was an ongoing fault a while back but I don't remember seeing any "formal" resolution so I presume it died a natural death.

0 Kudos
WK1301
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response. As a follow up. Access to the Catch Up and On Demand is not an issue. What I have noticed since the 30th June

is that but for the past 4/5 weeks, everything is chargeable.

For example Arrow Season 7 ( just finished ) other than the last 3/4 episodes all other selections direct you to the Virgin Store with charges for

each episode.

Is this your experience ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you try viewing, say, one of the ITV Box Sets? Home > On Demand > Box Sets > Channels > ITV > take your pick

These should be inclusive on Full House package to at least prove whether that's a problem.

Anything in the past 30days is generally "CatchUp" and inclusive on all packages. Anything beyond that will either be a BoxSet (inclusive on FullHouse), Netflix or Virgin Media Store (both chargeable)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi WK1301,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post.

Catch Up and On Demand content is made available to us by the broadcasters themselves. As such, any limitations regarding availability are due to the licensing agreement we have with these broadcasters.

If a programme or episode is no longer available, this would suggest that we are no longer permitted to supply this content. If it is only available as a chargeable film or box set on the Virgin Media Store, this is a streaming service available to customers and non-customers alike, which allows you to buy and keep a wide variety of content.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos