cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot turn off Audio description

Rogerwoodall
Tuning in

I have read everything on this self help group and I still cannot turn off audio descriptions. Any ideas appreciated 

54 REPLIES 54

Sorry japitts not the case. Problem is ongoing. Any help gratefully received. 

Japitts, Is resetting the TiVo a last resort option ? I know that takes around an hour to reboot and we would lose all recordings etc, but standard options do not appear to work.

I'm still having the same problem with the audio description still being on 

All I have cleared and reset the TiVo box and nothing has changed still cannot turn off Audio Description 😠

Thanks for the update and info MartinQ. Not sure where we go from here. Seem to be getting nowhere and problem persists. Could it right itself in the same way it arrived or is there a Virgin technical help number we could try?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MartinQ wrote:

Japitts, Is resetting the TiVo a last resort option ? I know that takes around an hour to reboot and we would lose all recordings etc, but standard options do not appear to work.

No, that's not going to make the blindest bit of difference to this, and as you say, you'll lose all recordings. I know the previous posts mentioned ITV-HD, is that still the case?

And which parts of the country are peeps in?

Is the online service status (https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status ) and local status line (0800 5610061) all clear?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just seems to be ITV, I'm in Coventry 

For me japitts it’s ITV and ITV-HD. I’m in Birmingham, West Midlands. ‘Service Status’ is ‘no known issues’! Where do we go from here with this problem? Hope info helps.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firm examples would be very useful to VM I'm sure, I've mentioned this thread to the staff team so will see what comes of that.

I'd have expected a few more posts, given this is apparently affecting one of the 5 main terrestrial channels, though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've tried ringing them, but got no where yet, I will try again tomorrow, as being on the phone to them for nearly 2 hours is doing my head in.

I'm in Stourbridge in the west Midlands and it's only Itv and itv HD that's the problem