cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot turn off Audio description

Rogerwoodall
Tuning in

I have read everything on this self help group and I still cannot turn off audio descriptions. Any ideas appreciated 

54 REPLIES 54

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So that's Birmingham, Coventry and Stourbridge so far, all in the West Midlands.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo wrote:

So that's Birmingham, Coventry and Stourbridge so far, all in the West Midlands.

Indeed so - already noted that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Goodlad
Joining in

Yes I’m in Coventry with the same problems with audio description permanently on. 
Has anyone managed to get an answer from Virgin Media. I have been on the phone for 30 mins with no answer. 

Ive been finding the fault occurs on Channel 4+1  ,

I have tried everything I can think of, but the audio description refuses to stay turned OFF

Location for me is stoke on trent,, staffordshire

Hi Everyone

Glad I have stumbled across this thread!  I am in Coventry and, for the last 2 days, everything recorded from ITV has audio description switched on and I can't turn it off.  I have tried Info whilst watching the programme, scrolling down and switching off audio description but that doesn't work.  In Settings, Audio Description is selected, I change to English and it defaults back every time.

Just spent a very frustrating 30 minutes on the phone to support who were completely baffled and finally agreed to put me through to 'level 2' technical support who appear to be closed right now as I was cut off........

Only Coronation Street and Emmerdale seem to be affected so I am assuming it is only ITV affected but could be wrong

Hopefully it will get fixed soon as it is vvvvvv irritating!

Having the same problem here in Telford area. Only on ITV HD though. Started suddenly yesterday evening

Hi I'm having the same problem also in Birmingham and it is driving me crazy

Jen_Y

Thanks everyone for flagging this issue to us. 

This is being looked in to with Fault number F008934508.

We hope to have this resolved ASAP. 

Thank you 

Community Mod 

Jen_Y

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Scubabaz
Joining in

Walsall area. Channel 113 audio description won’t turn off!  I have used info and turn audio description off but does not work. On channel 103 it appears to turn off but it can still here it. I have switched TiVo box off on the wall. But does not solve the problem. 

dagriff100
Joining in

Hi

For some reason since yesterday all my wife's soaps recordings have audio description and can't be turned off. I've tried using the info button then turning off but it won't then tried going into settings but it turns off..then later on when I check its back on again..just seems to be on itv.

Really frustrating..I need to get rid of it...please help me.

Thanks 

Aaron