cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot turn off Audio description

Rogerwoodall
Tuning in

I have read everything on this self help group and I still cannot turn off audio descriptions. Any ideas appreciated 

54 REPLIES 54

carolehelen
Joining in
  • Audio description turned on for no reason on itv and it won't turn off, I've tried everything it's suggested but it's not working, any ideas what I can do? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What have you tried - can you be specific? Is this on any particular channel(s) or OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not that it makes masses of difference, but is this ITV SD or ITV HD?

If you press the "info" button and scroll down to the audio tab, pressing "OK" should turn AD off. Is this not happening?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It's on both itv channels and I've tried turning the audio off as you've suggested, but it's not working 

MartinQ
Tuning in

Tried all recommended action but with no joy any ideas much appreciated. 

Has come up on ITV tonight. Have tried both recommended means of turning it off ie via settings and via info button on remote. Neither work. Help needed. Very annoying and irritating glitch

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MartinQ 

You've joined someone elses thread, but also not said what "all recommend action" you've tried. The obvious thing is to press "info", scroll down the AD panel and press "OK". Have you tried this?

Are you having this problem on any specific channel(s) or is it OnDemand?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few similar posts cropping up, so I've merged them together.

ITV-HD is fine for me, so it doesn't look like a national fault. What parts of the country are people in - perhaps this is a regional issue?

You should be able to disable AD by pressing "info", scrolling down to the audio tab and pressing "OK" to toggle it off perhaps twice for good measure.

Sorry,  I've tried setting the alternate language to 'English' but it auto reverts, also tried turning off the AD by pressing the info button and scrolling down to AD and turning it off there but again it auto reverts.