Menu
Highlighted
Megatom
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling account. Debt rising.

I have cancelled my virgin media account in November and gave my 30 days notice and even overpaid my final bill... After numerous phone calls many broken promises and managers assuring me my issues will be fixed.. what basically happened was someone on your end assumed I wanted to keep a landline which I did not. This has now been disconnected and after being told it's all fixed and I will receive a cheque with the amount I over paid I today get a bill for £225 approx and your service won't let me view a bill breakdown. Im sick of this poor service and useless time wasting trying to speak to someone with any authority. Therefore tomorrow I will be filling an ofcom breech against you as you are now affecting my credit rating. (And I'm due to remortgage soon) I will therefore be charging virgin media £50 for every day this problem isn't rectified and you are being informed now in writing. 

Regards 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling account. Debt rising.

'I will be filling an ofcom breech against you as you'

there is no such thing. ofcom do not deal with individuals anyway.

you follow the complaints procedure https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

then go to the ombudsman https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

you will not be able to charge virgin anything. even if it got to the ombudsman and they found in your favour, the current maximum is around 10 pounds per hour for someone claiming the amount of time they have worked on the issue/complaint. that also has to be proved and would be determined by the ombudsman. 'i will be charging you every day' is a pipe dream. no court/ombudsman/regulator would allow a member of the public to hold a company to ransom in that way.

a member of the forumteam/virgin should be along in a couple of days, i would still though go down the complaints then ombudsman route.

0 Kudos
Megatom
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Already been through complaints and been told it's resolved which it clearly hasn't ombudsman it is, and also cisas 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Megatom

Thank you for posting on the forum and sorry to hear of the problems in regards to your Virgin Media account. As advised, to be able to escalate this you would need to exhaust our complaint procedure before being able to take this to alternative dispute resolution. 

Our complaints code of practice can be found here virg.in/compscop outlining how you can raise your concerns with us. You mentioned in your post you had raised this previously as complaint, were yo given a complaint reference at all?

Rob

0 Kudos