Menu
angel123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Service

My 80 year old mother has had no telephone service since 29th June. Despite numerous calls to Virgin media by her carer/companion, and several engineer visits to try and resolve the issue, she is still without any service. Engineers come & go, stating their "manager" will be in touch. Nothing happens! She is unable to use a mobile phone (due to her age) and is unable to make contact with anyone in the event of an emergency. We have now decided that the only course of action we are left with is to cancel her contract with Virgin and try a different provider for her telephone service. I have been trying to contact Virgin all week, but I'm unable to get through, despite being on hold for up to 20 minutes at a time. Having contacted BT, they will not process an application for service, whilst there is still another "provider" contracted to this address. So, we are left unable to cancel her service, which hasn't been operational since June, and can't get another company to install a new line. We are at a loss as to what to do next - does anyone have any suggestions? There is a very vulnerable elderly lady living by herself, who needs this sorting ASAP!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Service

Hi angel123

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm very sorry for the problems your mother is experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

I'd love to take a closer look at this from our end, so I can do that could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Service

Hi angel123

Thanks for getting back to me about this, I've been able to locate your mothers account I can see that work has been scheduled to take a closer look at this. 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view the same as before. 

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos