cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see my V6 box from Tvio

damian_burrin
Tuning in
  • When I'm on my V6 box downstairs I can see the content of my TVIO box upstairs.  But when i'm upstairs I can no longer see the content of my V6 box down stairs and the "Other Devices" option is no longer in the my shows section.

Both boxes are connected via Ethernet cable
  • Both boxes have network remote control connected
  • Both boxes have a valid IP address and can both be accessed via the Virgin app.

When I go the the V6 box and look at network status is show a local 192.169.0.x address but when I go to the Tivo box and do the same it list the 10. Virgin IP address but network status option does show that ethernet is connected as well.

I assume I can't browse the downstairs box from the tivo as it thinks its on a different network but can browse upstairs and by the app as the ethernet is live on 192.x.x.x

Has anybody got any ideas why this has started to happen?  I've done everything but clear and reset the box which i'm loathed to do as i'd lose the recordings that are on it.

12 REPLIES 12

No as no-one has actually suggested a solution other than you can't do it. (even though i had) and oh yes you can.

I did ask for a little support on the how as it doesn't seem to be working

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just as an instinctive idea rather than having put any great thought into this..

Have you tried renaming the 2 x boxes (_1, or V2, not necessarily a complete name change), restarting them in-turn, and see if the new name gets picked up?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you