cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see my V6 box from Tvio

damian_burrin
Tuning in
  • When I'm on my V6 box downstairs I can see the content of my TVIO box upstairs.  But when i'm upstairs I can no longer see the content of my V6 box down stairs and the "Other Devices" option is no longer in the my shows section.

Both boxes are connected via Ethernet cable
  • Both boxes have network remote control connected
  • Both boxes have a valid IP address and can both be accessed via the Virgin app.

When I go the the V6 box and look at network status is show a local 192.169.0.x address but when I go to the Tivo box and do the same it list the 10. Virgin IP address but network status option does show that ethernet is connected as well.

I assume I can't browse the downstairs box from the tivo as it thinks its on a different network but can browse upstairs and by the app as the ethernet is live on 192.x.x.x

Has anybody got any ideas why this has started to happen?  I've done everything but clear and reset the box which i'm loathed to do as i'd lose the recordings that are on it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just as an instinctive idea rather than having put any great thought into this..

Have you tried renaming the 2 x boxes (_1, or V2, not necessarily a complete name change), restarting them in-turn, and see if the new name gets picked up?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo has a different connectivity setup to the V6, the Ethernet is only used for streaming and the internet is in-built - whereas the V6 does both over the Ethernet/WiFi/homehub connection. I can't recall what the IP address on the TiVo relates to, but I suspect it's the inbuilt cablemodem. All meaning, you'd need to check the IP allocation in your router for a reliable check.

All TiVo & V6 boxes have numerous reset options via the "Clear and restart" menu, all of which are labelled as to what they clear.. only the lower options delete recordings, the "reset my box" ones are perfectly safe. Are those the ones you've tried?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I've tried the network reset ones but not the ones that reset the box.  I really don't want to lose anything on the box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The option for "restart the TiVo box" is perfectly safe, and does nothing more than what would happen if you had a power cut.

Yeah sorry was looking for a bit more than turn it off and on again.  That was the firzt thing i tried 🤣🤣

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @damian_burrin,

thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are seeing this issue of viewing the content of another box. Just to confirm have you always been able to see the contents of the V6 on the TiVo as generally this should not be possible. Let mw know so I can advise further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Yes up until recently i could go both ways.  My tivo box up until today had 'lounge' listed as other box i my shows.  This has gone now since i removed it to try and add it back.  But its been available from the start

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding this issue. 

We have had a look into this and it appears this is possible. 

If you go to the 'My Shows' menu on the box it should give the option, you may need to go through settings again to set this back up on the V6. 

Thank you. 

Any chance on a little more detail.  As i said the device is not showing in myshows anymore

Hi Damian,

Thanks for reaching back out, have you been able to now see both boxes in your recordings?

Regards

Paul.