Menu
George_w
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Can't fast forward SOME recorded shows

Good evening,

Every so often when we try and watch something we've recorded, we are unable to fast forward / rewind / pause the recording. The show we have recorded, it's all recorded  with nothing missing, but for example on the playback bar, the red part goes up to about 5 minutes (which we are able to fast forward too) but once it's reached this, if we pause / rewind / ff then it'll jump back to this 5 minute point. One of the reasons I've recorded it is to skip the breaks! Another thing we've noticed is that once we hit the end of the red marker, it seems to jump back and repeat like 10~30 seconds of what we've just watched. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's annoying! Restarting the tivo box doesn't even help...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't fast forward SOME recorded shows

Hi Geroge_w

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, your recorded content shouldn't be doing what it is so I've tried located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

Unfortunately I've not been able to locate your account to do that, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information so I can take a look? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi George_w

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I've run some tests on your set top box and we're not detecting any errors with your box or hard drive at the moment. 

Are you experiencing this issue with multiple recordings? Or all recordings at the moment? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
George_w
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

It happened quite a bit previously then stopped. All of a sudden we've had another episode do the same. It's listed as Partial but it's actually recorded everything. Are you able to diagnose an individual recording? I asked the missus to keep it on the box in case you needed to look. It's the catfish episode, MTV.

Thanks

George

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi George_w

Thanks for the response, we're not able to diagnose an problems with individual recordings but it does sound as if there's an issue with the hard drive in your set top box. 

With that in mind, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this from our end for you, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We'll speak soon

Craig

0 Kudos
sportq
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

George_w did you find a solution to this? I've got the same problem with F1 on Channel4HD. I hate watching ad's so I delay starting to watch by 30 minutes so I can catch up during the show but for this recording ONLY it won't let me.

Peter

0 Kudos
DigitalDonkey
Up to speed
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Mine did exactly the same thing last night. Has there been a recent firmware upgrade for the V6 that is causing this new issue? A reboot did not resolve the issue. I did a reconnect to VM network this morning which was very slow, but seems to have solved some other issues.
0 Kudos
Rose-c
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am having similar problems with Garage Rehab only. No problems with any other recorded problems.  Cannot fast forward if I try it just goes back to the beginning very frustrating.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose-c,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

If it's only affecting one recording then it's likely that recording was corrupted as some point. Have you noticed any other recordings doing the same?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paulpashouros
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D

hi,

You we’re in discussion last year with George_w (23/03/2017) re “Can’t fast forward SOME recorded shows”

I have the same problem with my V6 box which was installed 1 week ago (27/02/2018), this is almost 1year after George_w posted to you.

Has virgin a answer to why this happens, do they have a solution for this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos