cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t book engineer appointment. My TiVo box hard drive is broken . But when I phone 150 I can’t ask for

Angharad1
Joining in

My TiVo hard drive is broken. The box needs replacing. But when I phone 150 I can’t report that or ask for an engineer. I know that the TiVo is broken as when pausing and restarting live tv, there is severe stuttering. Same when playing back recorded tv. How can I get an engineer to replace/repair the TiVo box?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Angharad1 

Sorry but you should call  again, 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've already been in contact and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If we're going to be pedantic here, you don't call VM to replace your box, you call to report a "fault with my TV service" as newapollo has advised. So just choose the IVR options for "I have a fault" and then press nothing else.

Yes, this fault can't be repaired and you'll need a replacement box - which often will be done via a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I’ll try that and let you know if it works.

That seems to have worked, appointment booked! 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Angharad1,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

Please let us know how the engineer booking goes, sorry for the hassle with getting this booked.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide