cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Subtitles on Chanell 4

capricornmaggie
Tuning in

I have lost subtitles on only Chanell 4, any advice appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pm71
Dialled in

There was a fire at Red Bee playout centre on Saturday which has affected Channel 4 the most. There are currently no subtitles on any C4 channels and they are trying to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe it’s part of this issue:

1ECF0CA0-05BD-4B71-A27F-3C33DE03F5AF.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pm71
Dialled in

There was a fire at Red Bee playout centre on Saturday which has affected Channel 4 the most. There are currently no subtitles on any C4 channels and they are trying to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

Margotmae
Tuning in

I can't get subtitles on channel 4 even though they are on and the sound is a bit funny sometimes it is faint

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Margotmae 

I've merged your thread with another one discussing the exact same thing.

See the previous posts above, for the answer to this. There are numerous technical issues with C4's output at the moment - subtitles, HD/SD channels being swapped, streaming not working as it should, etc etc

It's affecting all UK TV platforms, and is a fault outside VM's control.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tashbamb
Joining in

Subtitles missing on c4 and e4 then out of sync on every other channel and recordings

Thank you

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey,

Is anybody still having issues with subtitles on channel 4 programs and channels?

Regards,

Steven_L