cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I watch my recorded programs on my PC?

zace666
Tuning in

I have a PC linked to the same network as my TiVo box.  Is there any way to watch the programs on my PC rather than the TV?

11 REPLIES 11

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately the broadcasters do not allow that

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

what a shame as the Tivo box has the capability

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@zace666 wrote:

what a shame as the Tivo box has the capability

As does a PC to make pirate copies of the material being viewed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

luckily not eveyone who watches programs they have recorded is a thief.  Phew.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@zace666 wrote:

luckily not eveyone who watches programs they have recorded is a thief.  Phew.

Yep. But unfortunately some do. So the broadcasters have locked the back door just in case.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If you have a TiVo you can copy recorded programmes onto a DVD recorder using the SCART connection, burn them onto DVDs and watch on your PC. It's a bit involved but quite feasible.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

interesting.... but nahhhh

I liked it when i looked at the tivo website and if we were allowed to connect to the tivo website with our tivo boxes it would allow us to do that...  of course then there isnt the chance to sell us a second tivo box at home... could i watch programs recorded on tivo box 1 via tivo box 2?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ignore anything on the TiVO website, as it is only applicable to USA customers.

With Virgin multiroom TV you have box to box streaming. So anything recorded on one box is viewable on the other. The catch is that Virgin will want you to have a V6 box as an additional box, & this requires Virgin Broadband & hub in order to work.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@zace666 wrote:

then there isnt the chance to sell us a second tivo box at home... could i watch programs recorded on tivo box 1 via tivo box 2?

I may be misunderstanding your question, but if you have VM's multiroom service, where you have multiple TV boxes in your home - all of which are individually chargeable - then you can stream recordings between the different boxes, yes.