Menu
LESLEY1112
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable lengths

Hi . Just joined and would like to know if we can alter the lengths of our virgin cables. We have 2 TiVo boxes. One in the lounge where the cable is too short now due to decorating and one in our daughters bedroom which is too long. This one was run from the bedroom, down outside wall into the lounge. The engineer left the excess cable rolled up behind our tele. Years ago this was fine, it was hidden. Now due to decorating it sits proudly in the corner of the room. Can we alter the length ourselves??

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable lengths

Not without affecting your power levels, which are adjusted to the length of cabling you are using now.

Adjusting power levels requires access to the street cabinet, so is an engineer callout job which will cost you just under £100.

If you are paying out that you might as well get the cable adjustments done by them as well.

It is also against VM's T&Cs to alter their cabling, as it may cause interference issues,

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos