cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNN app not available on tivo box

Rillington
Up to speed

I see from the CNN channel closure info page that the CNN app is available on the TV 360 box as of right now, it is not available to Tivo box

Will the CNN app appear on the Tivo box on 1 September and if so, does anyone know why not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rillington, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you won't have access to the CNN news channel. 

Due to WarnerMedia’s plans to move to a subscription model for the CNN news channel, it will no longer be available on Virgin TV after 31 August. Customers can still watch and catch up on the latest news on major news channels such as BBC News, Sky News, Bloomberg and many others. 

As it stands there is no information on making the app available for TiVo. If this changes we will let you know 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Rillington
Up to speed

Does anyone know why Pluto TV is not available to customers who have the Tivo box? VM hlghlights Pluto TV in its showreel which plays when you are are accessing on demand content, yet it is not available to customers who have the Tivo box.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo and 360 boxes operate on completely different operating systems.

I would be extremely surprised if CNN are planning an app to launch on the VM TiVo system whilst at the same time pulling their broadcast channel from the platform in order to save money.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've merged your posts into one thread.

The TiVo boxes are quite old and, whilst being perfectly serviceable, don't manage the multiple apps particularly well.

If you want to use these apps a lot, and have VM broadband, a V6 box runs the same software but on much newer, more. capable hardware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

I've merged your posts into one thread.

The TiVo boxes are quite old and, whilst being perfectly serviceable, don't manage the multiple apps particularly well.

If you want to use these apps a lot, and have VM broadband, a V6 box runs the same software but on much newer, more. capable hardware.

Even so I can't see that CNN are going to provide an app for the TiVo/V6 boxes for the reason set out previously.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rillington, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you won't have access to the CNN news channel. 

Due to WarnerMedia’s plans to move to a subscription model for the CNN news channel, it will no longer be available on Virgin TV after 31 August. Customers can still watch and catch up on the latest news on major news channels such as BBC News, Sky News, Bloomberg and many others. 

As it stands there is no information on making the app available for TiVo. If this changes we will let you know 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Out of interest, is the CNN app available to some VM TV customers?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It's currently on the 360 boxes but no announcement if / when it'll be removed.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For information purpsoes only:

For those with LG TV's from 2019 and later, running WebOS 4.5 or later.

You can now view CNN live (for free)  along with Rakuten Stories, Comedy Movies, Action Movies and Drama Movies via the Rakuten app on the above TV's.

Info from https://www.digitaltveurope.com  and https://rxtvinfo.com  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali