cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C130 errror on Tivo

Pickone
On our wavelength

Hi

Whenever I try to use Catch Up on my Tivo box, I get a lot of buffering and then error message C130. This happens  every time, no matter what time of the day. I've checked, cables, ethernet, turning off at main. Is there anything I can do to stop it, or will I have to get an engineer out. This has been happening for a long time but I have just put up with it as I hate ringing Virgin.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You'd posted in the email board so I've moved this to the TiVo section.

First thing - do you definitely have a TiVo and not a V6? if you're not sure, check here - I only ask because the connectivity of both boxes is different, and the Ethernet on a TiVo is only for streaming between multiroom boxes, it doesn't do anything for the internet.

On a TiVo, the internet connection (which is what's used for OnDemand) is inbuilt and easily tested. On the front-left of your TiVo are 3 green LEDs - the middle one has a painted heart symbol and is the status light for your box's net connection. Solid=good. Flashing=bad

Does this flash when you have problems using VoD? If so, there's your problem. and you'll either need to call VM or wait around here for staff to respond.

If you either don't have a TiVo or this isn't the reason, post back with further details and we can advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Pickone
On our wavelength

Hi Japitts

Yes, definitely a TiVo. I've had a fiddle with the settings and changed one of the network settings to Virgin's choice (something like that). Only used Catch up once since, but it did it with no problem. Will try again to see the green lights you mentioned, but box is nearly at floor level and I have trouble getting down there - will have a go anyway to see what happens and will come back with the result.  Thank you for getting back.

O

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pickone wrote:

Yes, definitely a TiVo. I've had a fiddle with the settings and changed one of the network settings to Virgin's choice

I'd be interested to know what - there's not (m)any network settings on a TiVo that can be changed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Pickone
On our wavelength

Hi japitts

I went to Settings - Network - Change Network Settings - Let TiVo box assign itself an IP address. Don't know whether this has had any effect, but I also reboot the box every morning. Saw the led lights you mentioned but not lit up, only the right one when I use the remote. I'm hopeful that whatever I've done has sorted it now, but to be honest I try not to use On Demand all that much as there are no sub titles and I have a problem without.

O

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hmmm - you really shouldn't need to have changed that, but all the same.

As for subtitles on VoD - historically that's true but it's starting to come in recently. It's not consistent, but last time I checked C5 & some Sky-branded stuff had it.

C4 you can forget in the short term - they've got enough problems with live subtitling & VoD availability, never mind combining the two.