Menu
Djakarta
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

C130 error

Have just signed up especially to talk to the good peeps on here!

Errrm - Have looked through all (most) of the related posts and can find nothing that makes a difference - all cables etc seem OK have restarted reset umpteen times.

Any ideas that may not have been posted already?

Am about to phone 150

Many thanks in advance to anyone who reads this☺

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: C130 error

Can I assume that this is TiVo and not V6?

If so, there are many threads on this issue.

The unplugged cable is not physical but logical, being the ‘internal’ cable connecting TiVo to its own broadband connection. The fault lies with TiVo’s own modem’s connection to the internet.

Phoning 150 is the correct approach.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Djakarta
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie,

Many thanks very much for that superfast response - am reaching for the phone now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Djakarta
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Ernie,

Just a bit more for yourself and anyone else interested.

Phoned 150 went through the process and the automated tests actually seemed to correct the issue - however i still waited to talk to a "technician" and while talkint to them it stopped working again! Anyway longshot is they should be coming out tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, useful information that the automated system seemed to initially recover the connection.

The fact it quickly failed also suggests an engineer visit is required.

The outcome you should be hoping for is that the box requires replacing and that the replacement is the newer V6. As a fault replacement, this would be free. The downside, of course, would be loss of your recordings, although series links can be recovered.

It is also refreshing that you were able to navigate the phone system and relatively quickly get appropriate support. So many people come on here ranting that their experience is significantly different from what you report.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Alfie2518
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem! Plus channel searches and information just states 'To be announced'  - Did you get any supports from Virgin?

I'm in Birmingham B37!

What do we do for a refund??

Derek

0 Kudos
Djakarta
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Derek,

My problem turned out to be due to the RF cable being damaged just next to the connector. They came and mended it Saturday morning so AOK now.

I would recommend you ring them - you get asked a few automated questions and have to press a few buttons on your phone but it only took me 10 mins - that was about 3.30 pm - it can get a bit busy later.

Rgds Djk

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Djk

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently. 

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to get this sorted though, we'll be here should you need any assistance or support moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rljNinja
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Phoning 150 you would think to be the best approach.......I just have and was told there are no problems with my TiVo box or internet. That took nearly an hour but 'support technician' tested box and internet and told me that was all she did. Needless to say I am not convinced as nothing was done to correct my C130 error. Time will tell but suspect another call to 150 will be required in the next couple of days........

0 Kudos
rljNinja
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Following on from previous post it took 10mins for C130 error to reoccur after 'technical support told me there was nothing g wrong!

Tried speaking to 'technical support again today, another hour of being told again there is nothing wrong with my TiVo.........

This culminated in me speaking to cancellations, finally a UK call centre. End result being a new box being sent out.

Hopefully this will resolve my C130 error but really Virgin? Your technical support are a joke. I told them numerous times the issue was random and resolved itself after 3-5 minutes and was told to call back when I had the error!!!! It takes at least 5 mind to speak to someone in technical support so how was this possible? Again after stating this was told there was nothing wrong and to call back when I had the error!!! Very nearly lost a customer, the only reason not was your UK call centre staff and no competition for broadband where I live......

0 Kudos