Menu
Slowmo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

C130 and N27 messages - can’t get a solution

I’m getting c130and N27 errors. I can get tv but not catch up or on demand. My network cables are connected and checked. I have a second TiVo which is working fine.

dont know what to do. Have re-booted the box several times. 
please help

Brian

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130 and N27 messages - can’t get a solution

What did Virgin say when you spoke to them?

Slowmo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

i haven’t been in touch with them yet - was going to wait 24 hours to see if it corrected itself... probably wishful thinking!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Slowmo, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue checked, I'm sorry its persisting on one of your boxes. 

Thanks for giving us the fault codes, what happens when these codes come up? How often does it happen? 

Let me know so we can pinpoint the cause.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Slowmo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The C130 code come up all the time. The red “arrows” light used to flash but now it is permanently on. It says my cable is disconnected but it’s definitely not. 

My other TiVo is unaffected but the TiVo with the fault cannot connect to it and we can’t get catch up or on demand - however we can watch normal TV

the problem is constant not intermittent.

i have not yet tried a hard reset by pressing the button at the back. But I have re-booted several times to no avail.

hope you can help

Brian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian, 

I can see how that must be frustrating you, I am really sorry about that. 

I'd like to take a closer look into your account and see what is going on in the background, I'll send you a PM now so just look for the purple envelope. 

Speak soon. 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for your patience, I had a hard time sending my message last time! 

Okay so I've gone through what I can with the diagnostics, most of the questions were for me to do on my system. However I still can't connect to your TIVO box, both of them are disconnected on our side even though you're only having issues on one of them. 

So what I would suggest is starting a fresh, unplug both boxes from the connections, wait 30 seconds and plug them back in. Once they've loaded, I need you to go onto this link - TIVO errors - and go through the instructions to see if that gives any resolution. 

Once you've done that come back to me and we'll go from there. Its quite perplexing but we will get there in the end I'm sure!

Thanks again for your patience Brian. 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Slowmo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok I’ll do that now. However just to confirm that both are being used to watch TV just now so they are working to a degree at least. If this goes beyond 8pm do we pick it up in the morning ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian, 

Yeah I think the problem is stemming from the boxes not being able to connect to your HUB and thus they can't get data from our servers, which is why normal channels work but on demand and other functions like that do not. Plus they may need an update which they can't download. But that's just a hunch on my part for now, once we've gone through all the necessary checks we'll know for sure what is causing it and what I need to do to for you! 

Yeah I'm back in at 9 tomorrow so we'll pick it straight back up then 🙂 I'll have lots of caffeine so I'm nice and awake in order to get this sorted for you! lol 🙂

If I don't get to speak to you again tonight, I hope you have a good evening, Brian and we'll speak again tomorrow morning.

Kindest regards, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Slowmo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan

ok so the box with the flashing light wouldn’t connect to the network, reporting that the network cable is unplugged- but it’s not - I’ve checked.

the other box connected ok.

Brian

0 Kudos