Menu
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

C130 Faults/BBC IPlayer

I regularly get a C130 faults when watching BBC IPlayer during the day or evening . It has has happened twice in a few moments today.  The BBC programme freezes and then i get the ""Buffering"" spinning disc and then more often than not the standard error message " something has happened to this programme"" etc This is beginning to drive me nuts!!!!!!!!!. All other channels accessed via catchup are  fine

Little point in having catchup services if you can not watch the BBC on it

On the technical side  there are no loose cables. Secondly the TV box works fine and shows no issues. Non catch up TV works fine and the internet is fine.

I have read some of the previous comments on this fault and lots of people seem to be going round in circles with  it .

Can somebody please rid me of this issue!!!!

PS This is probably one for the Virgin People but any help appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: C130 Faults/BBC IPlayer

If you have one of the old TiVO boxes then it is accessing the BBC iPlayer via its internal internet modem. All other catch up & most OD content uses VM's own CATV playout system that utilises one of the TV tuners & not the modem, hence you have no issues with other content.

So it looks like it may be the box that is the issue here.

I would call faults & they can run some tests.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
carnivalist
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How does

@nodrogd wrote:

If you have one of the old TiVO boxes then it is accessing the BBC iPlayer via its internal internet modem. All other catch up & most OD content uses VM's own CATV playout system that utilises one of the TV tuners & not the modem, hence you have no issues with other content.

How does the V6 access iplayer?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@carnivalist wrote:

How does

@nodrogd wrote:

How does the V6 access iplayer?

V6 boxes don't have a modem only TV tuners. Connection can be either via WiFi or whatever you plug into the Ethernet port (direct connection to your your Superhub or via Powerline adaptors).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your time and trouble-greatly appreciated. Understood the gist of what were saying ( as i not remotely technical) Did what you said . Have an engineer coming on Tuesday. Problem is ""power issues"" . Not sure what that means but donot care it it solves it

thanks
0 Kudos
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came yesterday. Box was replaced and new router provider. Everything now seems fine. Engineer gave me a logical explanation why the old box could not cope with the demands of IPlayer

Thanks to the Engineer

0 Kudos