Menu
pholt1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

C130 Error

On my TV I have a C130 error message ! - TV programmes, My shows, Broadband are fine but no on demand, catch up or Apps is this an area or home problem?

Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
AliHippy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: C130 Error

I’ve got the same thing. No know problems on service status. I’ve tried restarting TiVo box. Phoned support but she just emailed me the TiVo box guide?!?  WiFi working but when I go to settings/network/connect to virgin media service it says the network cable is unplugged.  Not sure what else to try.

pholt1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Mine was the same and it could be correct what they say.

It seamed strange that I could get TV and WIFI but no catch or on demand but then went round all the cables, although they were in I rechecked and pushed them in again firmly and now everything works and is good! Try it.

0 Kudos
AliHippy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Tried this there is nothing loose, we use WiFi rather than an Ethernet cable on the v6 box.

0 Kudos
pholt1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried Ethernet cable? I was always told and assumed that if components (TV, router and Tivo) are close then hard wired with Ethernet cable is most reliable ! but of course it has to be plugged in properly!

0 Kudos
AliHippy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Haven't got a long enough cable. Never had a problem connecting with wifi and the tv works. I can see my shows and recordings and watch tv just can't get TV guide or catch-up /on demand 

0 Kudos
Jewellery
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had an issue with the TV On demand service not working, after recently "upgrading" to a Tivo V6.

Using a process of "what has changed recently" I discovered that the On demand service is dependent on the Tivo box accessing the network via the Ethernet connection that uses the Netgear ethernet ring (through the house electricity cables) through to the Router box rather than the fibreoptic cable which is connected directly to the back of the Tivo box!

As I always turn off all my non-essential electrical goods at night, I had not turned back on my Router/Netgear box attached to it (as I did not intend to use the internet that morning). My router is upstairs in my house, away from the TV.

So, the "upgraded" Tivo box does not appear to use the fibreoptic connection plugged into the back to access some services.

The previous black box I had was not dependent on using the Router to access services such as TV On demand.

As the TV On demand service is going through the house's electrical circuit it can be affected by such things as power surges/dips - making the service temporarily unavailable.

This decision to make the Tivo V6 box dependent on the ethernet ring and the Wireless router is a BACKWARD step. I hope VM take note of this complaint and think about how customers are affected. Have they thought about the extra power I have to pay for? Obviously not!

Please advise and consult with customers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pholt1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have Tivo V6 too and believe this to be so !

The Ethernet cable must be fully in or some things won't work, many customers have had problem with this, Virgin should be working on a better solution for future boxes.

0 Kudos
rosecherished
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I could never fix the C133 error. Forever rebooting V6 box. It would resolve for a couple of days. Happen again and again. Finally got an engineer out who got me to get rid of my Netgear signal booster. Made not one iota of difference. So carried on per usual.

Now got C130 error. Checked all wires properly plugged in several times. Rebooted several times. Error still there. Today I lost BBC tv channels guide (and scheduled recordings) plus Search, Help, catch up but TV guide for other channels still there.

Would love to know how to connect through WiFi 

0 Kudos
pholt1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Is your router close to your Tivo box ? If so the most reliable way to connect the 2 is short ethernet cable but as I found you must make sure they are fully inserted !

0 Kudos