Menu
vindi62
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Buying a TiVo V6

I’m already a Virgin media customer using the new TiVo V6 as part of my package deal.   What I would like to know is, can I actually BUY another TiVo V6 outright without it being added to my monthly package?   And,  how much would it cost for a Virgin engineer to install it for me in another bedroom? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buying a TiVo V6

You can't buy any Virgin Media kit outright. It's all rented as part of your services subscription.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
dante01
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, not legally. Virgin Media do not sell their STBs and they remain the property of Virgin Media. If you were to buy an STB off someone then you'd end up with something you cannot use to access anything via Virgin's cable network. The reasoning being that Virgin haven't activated that device for use in association with your account at that address and will not activate it for you. You'd also technically be breaking the law by accepting stolen goods.

The only way to add additional boxes is if asking Virgin for them and having them added to your account.

vindi62
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dante01 for your email, you have saved me a lot of time phoning Virgin about this.  Once again thank you.

0 Kudos
vindi62
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, this helps me, and it saves me getting in touch with Virgin.

0 Kudos