Menu
Dee541
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Buffering on YouTube!!

Am getting really peed off with the YouTube buffering through the TiVo box. Been like this since I took out the package in June 2017? Got to the point now that I plug a HMDI lead into the back of the tv to my laptop that plays though my tv. EVen on Youtube some may play fine the loading is very slow and then sometimes it goes off back to the tv channels?  Bizarre!  IPlayer is also slow in loading. Paying for a service that doesnt run properly.  Did report it yesterday and ended up talking to an asian lady who I couldnt understand so I gave up 😞   

Anyone else having these issues?????

0 Kudos
hairpuller
Tuning in
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Buffering on YouTube!!

Do not know which area you are in but there's a lot of posts concerning poor broadband speeds at the moment. My postcode (ST) area is really being hammered by slow speeds at the moment and has been that way for over 7 days. (prior to that I was getting 13Mb on a 100Mb service) Currently getting 0.1Mbs.

I believe that VM are having some specific server problems which are taking longer to fix than normal as the problem is more complex than originally thought.

0 Kudos
Dee541
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

County Durham are (northeast)!

0 Kudos
worldstream
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Have the same problem, I'm in the Woking/Guildford area. It spoils an otherwise excellent service. Luckily I have Amazon Prime so I swith over to that. Also PC hooked up to TV is Ok as well. Live feed is always buffering with Virgin..

Dee541
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It seem's everyone is having the same problem and its so slow loading. Once my contract comes to an end am gonna bin it all together and stick to pc connection. Tried to ring virgin and always end up talking to somewhere in india? language barrier was often and they couldnt resolve it so gave up ringing virgin...just a nuisance you cant speak to a british call centre.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

HI Dee541,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn that you're experiencing problems with YouTube.

This is currently a known fault that we have with the TiVo® so it's not a fault with your box.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience it's causing and if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mogsie
Settling in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Just called Virgin call centre. Told me to turn the router off, wait 10 seconds then guess what, the problem is still continuing.

We have a TiVo box. YouTube is unwatchable.

Is there a solution to this problem or do we need to look at a more reliable provider?

0 Kudos
Dee541
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

they told me to do that and it still didnt work? apparently its a problem with the TiVo box so why dont they fix it or deduct so much from our package?  Ridiculous!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

HI Dee541,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems with YouTube.

As advised by Rose this is currently a known fault that we have with the TiVo® so it's not a fault with your box and are team are looking into this. As soon as there is an update we will inform the Community.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience it's causing and if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Take care

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Andymcsk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I've been having this issue the last 2-3 weeks on any purchased items on YouTube via the TiVo box. Most of the items are TV shows I've had for years but they, along with any new TV/movie purchases, fail to buffer properly. I've reset the box plenty of times, deleted all my profile setting on YouTube and reinstalled. The two technical teams I spoke to tonight for over an hour were very helpful but ultimately there was nothing they could do (speed tests all fine etc and purchases work fine on all other devices where Youtube is loaded, and all other services like TV channels of Netflix are fine; it's JUST purchased items on YouTube these past few weeks).

Any users out there who can offer a slither of hope for me/a solution, then please do get in touch.

First World Problems, I know!

Andy

0 Kudos