Menu
Mattphilip1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband and tv down

Wondering if anyone can help, I've not been able to connect to the Internet since Wednesday night, issues started last Sunday night my connection would drop and come back up within a couple of hours, since Wednesday night both my TV and broadband have failed to work, i called 150 the next day and was told that I won't have my services back for a whole month when I check the service status for my area it tells me there's currently no issues in my area yet I still have no access to broadband and on my Tivo all I can watch are old recordings as I can't get a signal on any of channels

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband and tv down

Hi what a nonsense what reason were you given that it was a month, phone and select the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are taking about and hopefully will solve the issue, or connect you to the right dept.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Mattphilip1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting back to me, I was told over the phone that there is maintenance work going on, which I don't believe to be the case as there's no issues when I check the service status page, my Internet did came back on earlier today around 6pm and cut off again about 30 minutes later, I've reset both V6 box and superhub a few times, since restarting my tivo box it's now having problems loading up the channels.

Also tried to get hold of someone over the phone again before sending this message but was stuck on hold for 20 mins so wondering if anyone working for Virgin looking at this can help me maybe send an engineer out?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A VM staffer will be along at some point over the next few days to pick this thread up, but the forum is designed more for user>user assistance and not for immediate fault reporting. If you're without service, then as annoying as it clearly is.... telephone faults is your point of call.

If offshore are insistent you'll have no service for a month, then perhaps they'd be kind enough to credit you for that loss of service in advance... after all if they're so certain.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Mattphilip1.

Thank  you for responding to community forum.

I certainly appreciate the frustration. This is not the level of service we aim to provide.  If you already reset both V6 box and super hub a few times and still having intermittent connections.

Apoligies for the down time. Once it fixed, our support can check the reimbursement process for you. Check here.

We'd love to help, if you wish to have an appointment to our engineer. Please feel free to drop us a message. We'll be happy to look into this further for you, and we can do this via online chat.

Thank you for patience and please keep us posted.

Jean_F

0 Kudos
Mattphilip1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying but I can't get through to anyone on the online chat unless I want to upgrade, i tried again to get through over the phone but I was unable to get to speak with a anyone, I've now been without my services for 8 days 

0 Kudos
Mattphilip1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is no longer an issue now as I've decided to switch providers, waiting a month is not acceptable 

0 Kudos