Menu
Malo2977
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Box is recording things i never requested

So, it's been 1 week since the engineer came to replace the tivo. 

Now it's recording things on its own accord!! As in, All 3 red recording lights show up and I can't change channels and NOTHING shows as recorded/recording in "My Shows" list. I have to stress to you virgin, I'm losing my temper... Nearly £100 you get from me every [removed] month without fail and this is what I get in return?

Even your engineer has disgust and disdain for you. Poor guy spent 2.5hours swapping 3 boxes, calling the centre that "sends out hits" REPEATEDLY because they were NOT sending out the hits or channels. Cursing them and their lack of giving a damn.

I say its been a week but the box was replaced on 10th Dec... It started this [Removed] the 14th Dec I had to manually search through all the channels on the TV guide to find wth was magically recording on its own like a demon box from hell possessed.

What do you reckon mick? You work for virgin and you've told me to leave them, is that the only solution I can hear right now? At Christmas? With family coming? They give me an [Removed] up box that's been abused, took a box loaded with paid movies and shows that can never be retrieved because the channel is now defunct and give me a box that is far beneath the 100 [Removed] Pounds I pay every month... Will I be getting compsated for this? Your failure to provide the service I pay for? Your breaking some legal terms here. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box is recording things i never requested

Turn off suggestions 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Malo2977
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I never turned suggestions on, how do I turn it off? Looking at it now, doesn't have an on/off icon. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

speaking of legal terms. Hope VM don't read this and fire the engineer. the engineer might have a case against you if you just got him fired at Christmas

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
Choose Settings
Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your setting to off.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Malo2977
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're just as passive aggressive as I was in said message.. Their request, is a £100 from me every month, without fail or discussion, for a service. If that is not met, I receive no service. I can be as severe about good service from them, as they can be about receiving payment from me. Shouldn't that setting be off by default on a new slightly re-used box? Thanks for your help and taking the time to respond, you've been most kind. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no the option is on my default. It is pretty much a default setting on all Tivos

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos