Menu
S_and_J
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Blank screen, no sound, menus okay

Help! Last night while mid-programme the sound and picture disappeared. Apps (Netflix) and all menus are still working fine but with no sound. We can’t watch any live TV, catch-up or recordings: the screen is black and there’s no sound, though all programme data appears as normal on pressing Guide.

Having read lots of help threads about similar-sounding issues, we’ve unplugged and replugged the HDMI cable and rebooted the Tivo box about a dozen times - to no effect. On start-up, we get an exclamation mark symbol under the black box where the TV picture should be, which quickly goes away. Nothing we’ve read (including changing Video Output settings) makes a difference.

This has never happened before in 3 years of using the system. Not sure what we can do besides hopefully get a replacement box. Any tips gratefully received. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blank screen, no sound, menus okay

Hi I know it's a pain but the quickest way is to phone and go down the Tv faults route, it will take a week for a virgin person to respond on here, 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, put up with the recorded test nonsense, then ring straight back you will get through to a person eventually and hopefully they will arrange for an engineer to come to you and replace the box.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blank screen, no sound, menus okay

Hi S_and_J

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your service recently, I've taken a look at this from our end to take a closer look and run some tests, we're not detecting any errors at the moment though.

I hope that means that things have improved since your post? If not, let us know and we'll do what we can.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos