cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badly pixellated TV Pictures

Cliff_P
Tuning in

Hi All

I've reported to VM several times about my badly-pixellated TV picture. I've done all the recommended fixes, including re-booting, power-cycling, replacing HDMI cable etc but still no joy.

VM even sent me a replacement box a couple of weeks ago, but the problem persists.

I've just put in a complaint and I had an email response shortly after, stating there were no problems in my area.

I'd be so grateful if anyone here has any thoughts on what I can do to resolve this.

It's got to the point now where I'm going to be moving to BT Broadband/TV if this isn't sorted out...

Yours exasperatedly

Cliff

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My standard reply to all such queries applies just as well... If you've had a replacement box and the issues persist, then either you've been unlucky with 2 faulty boxes, or the problem is in your external cabling somewhere. Whilst you're quite entitled to use the complaints process, I don't think it's intended for fault rectification purposes.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Cliff_P

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your TV services! 

Also thank you to @japitts for your help and advise on this! 

Can I ask if you are still experiencing this issues with your TV services? 

Have you been able to call us or are you still in need of assistance? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ash

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I still have a pixellation problem and need assistance with fixing this.

I called a week or two ago and had a replacement box sent to me, but the pixellation problem persists.

Regards

Cliff

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cliff_P wrote:

I called a week or two ago and had a replacement box sent to me, but the pixellation problem persists.

Which would suggest one of two things..

1: You've been unlucky to have a faulty replacement box.

2: There is an external fault which remains unresolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cliff_P

Thank you very much for getting back to us, sorry to hear you are still experiencing this pixellation issue. I would like to book a technician visit for you to get this resolved. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can!

Best wishes,

Serena

Thank you Serena

Regards

Cliff