Menu
clare_1986
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Badge rubbish

Posted two posts so far about issues with my tivo box not recording right and so far have yet to have a response from virgin media.
However have received 3 emails about earning badges. I'm not 7 and this isn't brownies would like adult responses to my technical issues please not a badge, sticker or smiley face on the wall chart. Beyond a joke
jlippa
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Badge rubbish

Praise where it's due. We've given you the unhappy customer badge. Go see how it looks on your profile:

blog_shoot_foot1

Sorry I couldn't resist. I agree the weighting between actual useful support and getting stuff fixed and useless placebo support (when you eventually get it) is seriously off balance at virgin media.

LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I know it's frustrating, but the best & quickest way is to phone and go down the Tv faults route, 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. As this is public forum it can take 4 or 5 days for a virgin person to respond. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i'm guessing you are new to forums. that is what happens on forums. personally on a forum that is mainly for complaints i would drop the whole badge thing. helpful answer is the only part i would keep.
0 Kudos
clare_1986
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am new admittedly and yeah moaning about the badges probably won't to that productive. However my long suffering partner has had more than his fair share of my Vigin media rants, so thought I would share with you good people 🙂
0 Kudos
clare_1986
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah will give them a ring next week take me a week to prepare myself for certain phone calls and robot call directors. Thanks for responding:)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi clare_1986,

I have responded to you here: Re: TiVo can't fast forward on some recordings 

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
moopet
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I received 5 over the course of 2 days after signing up to post one question last year.
I logged in last week to check something and have received 2 more, including the "hello again" badge.

If you choose to "turn everything off" in the email it just changes your email preferences - you no longer receive any responses to your forum posts by email but you presumably still have a trophy cabinet somewhere containing your useless badges.

I find them patronising too.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The only way to stop getting badges is to become a superuser Smiley Wink

well rank badges anyway, you still get others

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
murrayzz1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just joined this forum, following which I received 3 emails congratulating me & awarding me badges for managing to open an account and post a message. I'm an adult. Is there some way to disable this childish nonsense on my account? I don't want my inbox clogged up with patronising automatically generated faux congratulations from Virgin Media recognising that I've managed to carry out a simple online task. It's incredibly irritating.

0 Kudos