cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad colour saturation orange faces

KongUK
Joining in

Hi

I've had problems for a few weeks on all tv but not netflix or prime so can assume TV is ok. It was intermittent and sometimes cleared on reboot but now it's all the time. 

Basically picture is not bad but all skin tones are orange like a fake tan. Some other colours are overly rich like touve turned the colour up full. I checked all the tv settings and nothing is untoward.

Di these boxes have a history of this type of thing?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you clarify what you mean by "on all TV"? A TiVo box has the Netflix app but not Prime - are you using another app (on your TV, for example) to do that?

The obvious checks are to be clear when you're seeing this colour issue - is it on live TV? OnDemand? Any streaming apps?

The TiVo's certainly don't have any inherent issue of this sort, but if the video output has a fault then it should affect all programmes/sources.

Have you swapped the HDMI lead and tried another port on your TV, to eliminate an issue with them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar

@KongUK wrote:

Hi

I've had problems for a few weeks on all tv but not netflix or prime so can assume TV is ok. It was intermittent and sometimes cleared on reboot but now it's all the time. 

Basically picture is not bad but all skin tones are orange like a fake tan. Some other colours are overly rich like touve turned the colour up full. I checked all the tv settings and nothing is untoward.

Di these boxes have a history of this type of thing?

Thanks

No

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post KongUK, 

Can you please advise me if you've been able to try a different HMDI cable or HDMI socket on the back of your TV to see if changing the source the TV services run on resolves this issue?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn